It’s been a long time since I last published on this blog, I was very busy on building our Twproject Project Management Software better and better. We have just released version 6.2 with a new mobile interface… but I’ll be back on this in one of my future posts.
During the last two years we have collected several feedback from our customers, but improvements and fixes were made on the Twproject’s Commercial Gantt editor version only.
The commercial version has been always a step forward the open source one, so after two and half years the gap becomes unbridgeable and I needed time and funds to ferry the open source component to the new world 🙂
Thanks to WikiSuite, that funded the alignment, the new version has finally seen the light.
Twproject’s Free Gantt Editor has been completely redesigned, the look and feel has been improved and usability has been improved.
There is also a lot of work under the hood. In order to fix several “strange” issues on complex Gantt cases, in fact, we have included a sort of unit testing engine (see ganttTestSuite.js) that helped us identifying and fixing issues.
..and some other changes…
We have added new columns on the grid: progress and milestones.
Collapsed tasks’ status is stored as well as the column’s size. Double click on columns will give the best fitting size.
Task delete, indent, outdent, up, down are now available using the keyboard too; that speeds-up the project editing.
Several new permissions have been added to let jQuery Gantt editor working better on real environments.
Last but not least, the Gantt editor works fine with jQuery 3.1.